I have chosen to take my test on June 13, 8 am. Yes, its a Friday, yes its Friday the 13th. I chose to take it then because it is 2 weeks after I finish Kaplan, it is the day after my birthday (therefore birthday will be no studying anyways, just no late partying, save it for Friday night), it is the week before VBS at home, before Nat's crazy 21st, and it gives me a week off before I begin working! The other days I wanted didn't work or they had openings at 2 pm...who wants to wait all day until 2 pm to take a test? I hated my 3 pm tests this past semester. Torture!
Last night there was a celebration for a restaurant right down the street and my friend's band was playing. Lauren and I enjoyed it as well as some fireworks. We also found a family of snails outside of our house which intrigued us very much. Why? I don't know. The simple things that make college kid's days...
In about an hour I am meeting with an elder of the church to speak with him about membership and my testimony (yikes) as well as where I would like to serve. I'm not sure where, except I like the kids, but I also like the serving opportunities to the community, especially the homeless ministry. Back home there is no such ministry, and I really appreciate the impact UPC is making on the local homeless community. I didn't even know homeless people existed until I came here. I have done several breakfasts in the park, as well as the large homeless outreach in the fall, which was pretty amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I think pwood actually does have a homeless ministry.
And you know my 21st is going to be CA-RAZY! Hahaha or not.
Oooh! Can you come?! That'd be awesome! ;o)
Sounds like you put a lot of thought into your test date... can you believe you're almost an official nurse! I'm so excited for you! And thanks for the encouraging comment on my blog... yes, we never would have imagined as kids that we would be where we are now. And it is so amazing that we've gotten to share so much of our lives and that we can experience this summer of embarking into the adult world together. We have to soak each other up a lot beceause I'm going to miss you like crazy.
I'm sure you'll do well on your test. Congrats on almost being an official nurse, that's really exciting! Thanks for the sweet comment you left for me, and for spreading the word about my little business venture!
Hmm, maybe I will come. We'll see.
So you called yourself a college kid in that post...but you are not a college kid. You are a real grown-up :) Great choice on the test date. Sounds like all the perfect reasons!
Post a Comment