Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So much has changed since June......

 I moved from Florida to Missouri!!!  The change came gradually (and painfully) but in the end it was pretty clear that I wasn't to stay in Orlando for this time in my life.  The past 3 years have been incredibly hard but very healing.  I lived with a family who has become not only my friends but my family.  It was a hard decision as they moved to Atlanta for me to decide to leave and go to St. Louis.  I would make up my mind to maybe stay in Orlando, then it would change to St. Louis, then it would change to Atlanta, then back again to a previous decision.  In the end it was clear to move closer to my Midwest relatives and further from my family in Florida.  My best friend from childhood (21 years and counting) lives 2 doors down with her new husband.  That is such a comfort in transition.

I left my job I have had for the past 4 years.  I loved my coworkers. It was so sad to leave behind people there that I knew and enjoyed working with.  The floor, patients, doctors, and families were crazy but I really enjoyed the people I worked with.  Especially nice since I love to travel and got all the days off that I needed.  A little scared this won't happen in my next job.  But we will see as I do some interviews what the job future looks like.

I might have picked the worst time to move....December.  The past few weeks have been busy with packing up my life into a truck, driving 1200 miles while towing my car behind, and unpacking it again.  With all of that came Christmas in Florida and Illinois, New Years in Missouri, and a wedding in Iowa (along with the polar vortex that hit this week).  This week has been the first time I have actually sat down and faced the decision I made to move and the reality of it all.  There have been tears....and I'm not a crier.

I'll write more about the snow and the cold.  Its been an adventure to drive, and I only really have driven once because I slid and got stuck!

So here is to more updates and new adventures.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You still owe us a DCL post...

Allison said...

Us? Is there a mouse in your pocket?

Natalie said...

No, us as in your readers! You had talked about a Disney cruise post before.