One of my houses that I clean pulled out on me the other day. Not that I had a great monthly income, but it was nice extra money to use for groceries/gas/some rent. Now I am down to barely enough for gas and groceries for a month. I know that I won't starve, I know that I won't be run out of my house because I can't pay rent. God always has provided through really tough financial times. The past 2 years have been very tough financially, and I can't seem to fully release control over until it gets down to the wire, like it is now.
I read the book of Philippians today and it really spoke to my heart. We are going through it in RUF, and I haven't been able to go as much as I wanted, so I decided to read through it myself. The one verse that stuck out was Phil 1:12:
"Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel."
I know Paul was referring to being persecuted for his faith, being imprisoned, beaten, ridiculed, etc. It made me think about what I'm going through day to day and what I'm doing. Is my life as a college student advancing the gospel? Can it advance the gospel, and how can I do that? Just something to think about.
Check this out: http://www.upc-orlando.com/programs/podcast/ One of the best sermons I have heard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I didn't know you had a blog! YAY! I love blogs :)
Post a Comment