Sunday, June 14, 2009


Happy Birthday to meeeeee!  I'm 24, such a more mature age than 23.  Well, maybe not mature, maybe old.  It feels like I should know what to do with my life, but I don't.  I often think of what I used to want my life to be when I was at this time in my life: married to a handsome guy, maybe working maybe not, raising a kid soon, owning a golden retriever and 2 cats, living in a cute little house.  I mean, come on, I am so far away from that, and possibly will never get any of it.  Except for being married to the handsome guy, I could go for that one.  I used to play Barbies with my sisters and best friend, Sarah, and we would imagine our lives in so many creative little ways, none of which are playing out in my life right now.  When did the hard reality of being an adult set in?  Working?  Paying endless amounts of bills?  Living on my own?  Who knows.

Here are some fun pictures from the other night when we went out downtown:








4 comments:

Natalie said...

I find that I am glad our dreams didn't turn out exactly the way we wanted (come on, Starburst commercials coming to mind? ;) j/k ). I don't think we will ever look back and regret this time of our life. As I've looked back on the past two years, which have been the hardest ever, I am somehow glad they were the way that they were (and are). No regrets, and I wouldn't change anything. I think that whatever happens in the future, we will feel that way about now. Perhaps some regrets, but I think we'll make great memories and love life, and love to remember this time.

Sarah said...

Someone recently told me imagination can be a means of grace - rattling us out of our restlessness, stale hopes, and small views of Jesus and His Kingdom. But I'm right there with you with an imagination that can also so often be a source of discontentment. I don't regret our adventurous, creative childhood games but it does make for an interesting "adulthood" sometimes. Had a blast with you this past weekend. That's something I never could have imagined - still being such a kid at heart at 24. ;-)

Li said...

I totally echo your sentiment on where I thought I would be at 24. This is not at all how I pictured my life, but at the same time I don't think that I would want it any other way now that I'm here. These past several years have been difficult, with battling my expectations for myself and others' criticisms, but I think it has been worth it.

Pamela said...

Y'all look so cute! Happy birthday Allison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!