Monday, June 13, 2011

26, a time for firsts

I turned 26 yesterday. 26....sounds so old. Sounds like I should know whats going on in my life, but I have no idea.

Yesterday was the first birthday that I did not get a birthday call from my Grandma and Grandpa. First for the rest of my life.

Not that the weekend was all a bummer. My best friend came into town. We went to the beach, took a special trip to the Sugar Mill, went to 4 Rivers Smokehouse, went to the farmers market, and had a fun pool party at the Johnsons. I had a lot of people who came out for my birthday. It was quite a lovely weekend.

But amidst all that there was quite a big hole. Missing that sweet call from my grandparents who loved me like no one else.

1 comment:

Li said...

Welcome to 26! It's pretty awesome. :) Hope you have a great year!