Monday, December 15, 2008

I haven't been blogging lately, as there is not much going on in my life to blog about. I get up every day, go to work, come home, go to the gym, go to bed. Then I do it again the next day. Nothing spectacular, no divine revelations or proclamations lately.

However, I did attend Andrew Peterson's Behold The Lamb of God concert. It was once again, AMAZING! It was good for my soul! I was reminded that the Bible is one big story, all of it pointing to Jesus. I am discovering the riches of the Old Testament through the past several years in BSF. The continuity of the gospel runs through it all, even the some of the dry parts. I would recommend Andrew Peterson's new album: Resurrection Letters Volume II. Very good!

Christmas is fast approaching! For the first time I will be spending Christmas apart from my family, which saddens me and makes me realize I'm growing up. Change is a good thing, but I tend to cling to tradition and the past, especially during the Christmas holiday. I am thankful for friends with which to spend Christmases Eve and Day. This will be only my 3rd Christmas spent in Florida (after living here close to 20 years), which is a little depressing to me. I am so thankful for a week off after Christmas to join my family in Illinois for additional family time. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Unfortunately you and I will not see each other much... I'm coming home on the 31st cause I want to have a real New Years Eve celebration this year. No babysitting for me!!!

Wish I could've come to Andrew Peterson. You will have to let me borrow the new cd. Anything of his is going to be good.

Sarah said...

Loved the Andrew Peterson concert. I always forget how wonderful it... how "good for the soul," as you put it.

I won an itunes giftcard at a dirty santa party last week and bought his new CD. Excellent recomendation.

I know Christmas won't be the same but just so you know my family is really excited to have you here.