Sometimes I wish I were a boy, like when you have car problems. This is assuming boys know about cars. I was driving on a toll road yesterday, coming from a visit home, and I heard some sort of clanking noise of sorts. So, I slowed down, pulled over and checked things out. Everything looked ok, so I got off onto the slower roads and limped home. I didn't go over 40 mph, and my car was shaking something terrible. As soon as I got home, my driver side back tire was hissing and quickly losing air. Apparently, a huge strip of the tread (whatever that means) on the tire had peeled away and I was down to the bare tire 12 inches around. So thankful it was no more than a tire, so thankful it did not burst on the interstate, but merely shredded just a bit.
I was able to get it changed out without shelling over a huge amount of money. I got to meet up with friends to play volleyball, and make it to my work Christmas party which I will probaby not be attending in the future. Not my scene, been there and done it, so now I'm good for the next several years.
Had Christmas this weekend at home. Now the family is up north, enjoying the pre-Christmas festivities with extended family. I did not think I would be too sad, but I think I'm gonna miss being around up there and just hanging out. Not a big fan of change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Understand about the whole car thing. I just get so ticked off when people talk down to me about my car because I'm female. Yes, I don't know a lot about cars, but it's the gender-bias system that screwed me over in the first place. ;o) I'd really rather learn than be treated with condescension. Granted, I have been improving just because I've had to deal with lovely car problems these past couple years. Glad it was only a tire and not something more serious!
Hope you had a good family Christmas and are looking forward to hopefully at least a little bit of time off this week!
ARG!! Sorry about the tire! So glad you are okay. Could have been a LOT worse! Thanking our God!
And so you did go to the party, huh?? Godd for you, and now you are fine to skip. :)
Saw your dad and bro the other day and he mentioned about the car.... craziness. So glad you are ok.
See you in a few...
Post a Comment