Wednesday, September 8, 2010


I am a forever fan of Andrew Peterson. I love his music, his words. This song touched a chord in my heart. I am restless, discontent, ready for something new, longing to live a life intended, a time when all wrong is made right.

How long until this curtain is lifted? How long is this the song that we sing? How long until the reckoning?

And I am standing in the silence of the reckoning The storm is past and rest is beckoning Mighty God, how I fear you How I long to be near you, O Lord

And I know that I don’t know what I’m asking But I long to look you full in the face I am ready for the reckoning


These are just a few of my fav verses and the chorus of The Reckoning from his newest album: Counting Stars. Its a pet peeve of mine to post an entire song. But go here to read in full and listen. It might change your life. Then go buy the album.


Take for example this silly dresser from Ikea. Ikea: so sturdy, so cheap, so simple. NOT. The second drawer has a huge gap under it between the next board and falls out every time I pull it. You can see the obvious mismatching of wood on the bottom. Sigh...and it took me about 4 hours to assemble at least. I even long for the day we don't have to put our furniture together and we don't have to worry about putting it together wrong. I don't know if this says anything about my carpentry or my lack of a man in my life. But just like my sin, I'd rather live with it than do anything about it.

4 comments:

kelly said...

i feel ya', friend. and you know I love some andrew peterson, too. (btw, I did not know about your whole-song pet peeve...from now on, when I post a whole song, I will know I am angering you.)

Sarah said...

Mmmm... good song.. I think I need to buy that album.
thanks

Allison said...

Hahahah, thanks, Kelly. I will look out for that!

Laurel said...

I love Andrew Peterson too! My favorite is "Just as I am." Good stuff!