Tuesday, September 21, 2010



I am glad I am no home owner. Today I called my water company to figure out why we were paying 60.00 in wastewater plus our 45.00 in use. Thats a lot of water money for 3 people, right? Turns out...our average was 800 gallons a day. That means we have a leak somewhere. Oh great.

So they told me to search and find the water meter to figure out if it was indeed a leak. So I looked in the front yard while talking to the rep. Looked in the backyard by the kitchen. He tells me its in the left back, so I look in the left back among the ivy and ferns and trees that have overtaken the back corner. I can't find it. Regardless, the rep tells me what to look for and I hang up the phone, determined to find this darn meter.

I searched for an hour...a whole hour throughout the backyard. I took a huge kitchen knife that is very sharp to help cut overgrown bushes. I never found the meter. But I did find a black snake with an orange stripe on its head. And I found a rat's skull next to our rat poison boxes. An exciting morning.

Then I went to the gym. Apparently I have a multi-state gym membership. Who would've known. All along I could use anyone of the gyms in Orlando and this whole time I could've used the one down the street.

I found this bench by the lake in my neighborhood. Jealous? You should be.
Tomorrow I can hang with this little booger. I love this photo, he wasn't even picking his nose. Just caught it at the right moment!

No comments: