My Grandma is having surgery today to repair her femur. She fell on Tuesday night and has been in the hospital since. Today is the day. I pray she is safe during surgery. For a frail 80-something year old mostly healthy lady, still its stressful on the body and anything can happen. The recovery is the hard part. But, Grandma is pretty hardy and she is pretty resilient. She just needs to let people help her. In 2 weeks I'll be there for 8 days, which I'm thankful for. The paycheck will not be good....but its gonna all come out in the wash and not really matter in the end. Things will be tight, but I don't have any debt to worry about, just the monthly bills.
For once I'm looking forward to the weekend. Weekend to me usually means 1 or 2 days of work. Or deciding which church to attend: the church I've been going to for 4 years but still feel like a visitor most days? Or actually visit a new church by myself. Not that I can blame anyone for feeling that way, its my own fault. Or going home and coming right back because I have to work the next day, so 4.5 hours are spent in transit, which gets old pretty fast.
Pamela comes tonight!! I'm so excited to see my BFF. Such a short time we were friends here in Orlando, but the 2 years since she left we've become much closer. Such a dear friend, so good for me, so good for my heart. Honest, accepting, blunt, loving, and opinionated...but thats how I love her.

1 comment:
you, dear one have a precious heart! can't wait to spend GOOD time with ya :)
Post a Comment