I can't believe its almost the middle of February. The time just flies by, especially when you're having so much fun (sarcastic tone inserted here).
Work makes my days go by, sometimes I don't know what day it is or if its night or morning. Last week was totally thrown off by a bizarre every other day. Which means I'm sleeping most every day. The last 3 weeks have been spent sleeping. I feel like a hermit, like a recluse. But sometimes that's how I like it to be. When life gets hard, I run and hide and want no one else to be near me. A bad coping mechanism because I tend to go to destructive tendencies. I have been challenged to seek friendships and develop relationships on a deeper level at an attempt to do something other than wallow in my muck. Here's to that goal! Not a hard goal, just a frustrating one as I have done this in the past and as soon as I stop pursuing them they forget about me. I suppose that is life and there are people who only disappoint.
I hope everyone's Valentine's Day was exciting (or not). I spent my whole entire afternoon passed out in bed for some reason. And this day is one in which my sisters and I like to label "Singles Awareness Day". Though I did feel loved and received a fun Starbucks card from my house family. This Valentine's Day I was really content with not having a boyfriend, receiving flowers, or going out to dinner. I was very fine with staying home and watching The Biggest Loser.
I have been able to go to 2 concerts in a row this month!! The Civil Wars with my sister (yeah, excited for their Grammy wins!) and The Avett Brothers last week. Both concerts were AMAZING. The Avetts was awesome because I was 8 rows back and in the midst of much dancing, jumping, shouting. All that comes with Avett concerts. Looking forward to a concert this Sunday and then one next month in St Louis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I get the part about friendships being impossible once you stop pursuing them. Some people seem to be a magnet and others are just drawn to them, somehow we've never seemed to be like that.
I woke up late tonight- 6:30 and couldn't figure out if it was morning or evening cause it was dark outside. So thrown off!
Post a Comment