Saturday, May 2, 2009

New to me Car!

Last fall I made an offer to my parents to buy the car I am driving, a 1994 Corolla. I love my little car, it is old, it has its quirks, it shakes and makes funny noises. They turned me down. Boo. So, I set out to save my money and buy a car.

I found out about a car through a girl at work. I got information, found out the car was just the price I was willing to spend. Told the owner I would pay in cash, to hold it for me to look at this weekend. I looked at the car this morning and brought over a mechanically minded guy friend. He checked it out and said it was good except for the need for new tires. I am almost the owner of a 2000 Camry. I have never owned a car in the 2000's. I drove a 1987 Chevy Astro for 2 years in high school, a 1991 station wagon for a year, a 1992 Corolla another year, and a 1994 Corolla for the past 5 years. These were all family cars that were shuffled around from one kid to another. So, 2000, altho 9 years old, is entirely new for me!!

One big reason the owners held the car for me was I was willing to pay cash. Thanks, Dave Ramsey!! I look forward to getting the car and driving it. My first car!

3 comments:

kelly said...

woohoo! yippee skippy!! :) excited for you! yay God for finding just the right car. big decision there, ms. grown-up! did you feel especially adult-y???

Allison said...

Yes, like a rite of passage that I have gone through now. More adult like. Now I need to figure out insurance and who to go to to get tires!

Fitz said...

SWEEEET!!!!!! i am soo excited for you!