In efforts to be healthier, or more conscious of being healthier, I have purchased a pedometer. At work yesterday I took about 8,000 steps which equals roughly to 4miles. And that wasn't even a busy day. Nurses are on their feet all the time! The pedometer does make me walk more, just to see how many steps I can take each day.
Next weekend is Miranda's wedding and there is lots to do in readiness for it. Lingerie to buy, getting a haircut, buying shoes & jewelry, finding a 1920's outfit for bachorelette party, possible manicure because my nails are horrendous. We have the bachorelette party, bridal tea, rehearsal dinner, hair and makeup, and then the big event!! So excited for Miranda & David to finally be married and start their life together. However, this weekend coming brings an end to them living in the area and they move to Texas right after the honeymoon. I will not see them until a visit in the future, which saddens me a great deal. Change is good, but so hard.
This past weekend consisted of great fellowship with friends. Saturday morning was at the pool with old roomies & friends and onto the afternoon. Sunday I enjoyed seeing how big my little friend, Owen, has grown!! It was so great to see Ande & Kelly after their 2 months in Ireland and hear their stories about their experience. After a hair and makeup trial with Miranda, we both enjoyed seeing Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. So good a second time around. I wish every weekend consisted of such things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wish I was there to enjoy it all with you!I miss you kiddo...miss you soooooooooooo much!
I get this picture in my head of you walking up and down the hallways trying to log more steps on the pedometer. I can see it now: patients will dub you Nurse Fleet Feet, or something. ;-)
Can't wait for all the wedding festivities!
Post a Comment