So, my sister's test came back good. No problem with a tumor, swelling, anything. So glad! I went through all possibilities; my imagination runs rampant sometimes. It is too active! It looks to be a mechanical issue with her eye muscle being weak. And that requires a surgery, but nothing like a brain surgery.
I am holding out for my job in October. It is what gets me through every day at work. I enjoy the job I have, I feel like I'm not making that much of a difference one way or the other. ICU freaks the living daylights out of me. Last week I had a "moment of weakness" or a freakout session about changing jobs. I had many of those as I was finishing school. They went along the lines of am I really cut out for nursing?? I want to change, but it scares the heck out of me most days. Summer is winding down, and ICU is the next thing to look forward to after Miranda's wedding in 2 weeks. Then life will be crazy for a little bit, but looking forward to the change.
I take things too personally. Last week I had a family member (of a patient) scream at me, yes scream (and I feared for my physical safety). Today I had another aggravated individual argue a little with me. I am such a people pleaser. Just like me! Needless to say it always shakes me up a little when that happens. I need to grow some thicker skin and fast too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's how I feel about going into the real world of nursing. *deep breath*
The world feels big and scary, for sure. I know you will be great in the ICU, but I can't imagine how freaky it must seem. You're awesome. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.
Post a Comment