I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid to my dear friend, Miranda. She joined her now husband, David, in marriage yesterday afternoon. I am so blessed to have Miranda's friendship and see how God has brought her and David together. Of course I had friends in college, but Miranda was one of the first girls to reach out and pursue friendship with me. And it is ironic because I did not like her at first, I was jealous of how easily she fit into the group of people I had been in, but still feeling out of place. We laugh about it now because we can.
One of my favorite moments of the weekend was our prayer before the wedding. The girls gathered around Miranda to bless the ceremony and the night. It was truly a sweet moment. Watching David's face as he said his vows to Miranda was also great. To be witness to their public commitment was so encouraging to my heart. The redemption theme throughout our lives in big and subtle ways brings me to my knees. Sweet reminders on this side of heaven giving glimpses of one day when the Bridegroom comes for His bride.
What a great weekend of celebration that came to a bittersweet ending. I didn't want the night to end because they are heading to Texas after their honeymoon. I am so happy for their new life together, a new job, direction. So hard to say goodbye to one of my dearest friends.
Tea Time for Bridal Party
Sweet friends having sweet last moments
Bridal beauty
Bestest there for me at all times

1 comment:
It was a wonderful wedding in every way. And you looked beautiful :)
Post a Comment