This past weekend I was the camp nurse for a midwinter conference for jr. high students from various churches in the area. It was great! There were about 200 kids, plus counselors and staff. I was a little scared going in, but it was so cold that kids were not crazy. I had jammed fingers, sprained knee, bruised shoulder, a fever, and a kid I thought possibly cracked a rib or was just severely bruised. Nothing big like broken bones or anything like that, praise the Lord! I was constantly praying the entire time. I loved being there! I would totally do it again. They kind of asked me to do the 5 day summer camp, but we'll see what happens. I don't know if I would like doing it for that long with that many people.
The place we stayed was awesome. I had my own room, own queen sized bed. Nice! I hung out all week with the RUF minister and his wife from J-ville. They are awesome. I called up my little sister and told her she had to start going to RUF again.
A great weekend!! Not so great: I owe the government money for taxes. WHAT? That has never happened. I didn't have to pay last year. Ridic. I was really looking forward to getting a check and putting it to the last of my loan, because then they would be finished!!! And only to pay my parents back, then I could call up Dave Ramsey and scream, "I'M DEBT FREE!!!" Well, all too soon and it will be finished. Hoorah!
No comments:
Post a Comment