Thursday, November 11, 2010

The last days: 6 & 7

One day we spent 4 hours or more at the Holocaust Museum. Very interesting, very intriguing. No pictures were taken, but the images are definately stuck in my mind. Especially pile of shoes from one of the prison camps. It was a somber morning.

Afterwards we went to the National Museum of Art to see the Norman Rockwell paintings. Again, none of them could be photographed, so we took random pictures instead. Like this one of Natalie and the whimsical girls.

John Adams and I....One of my favorite guys from the American Revolution.

In the afternoon we stopped one more time for some froyo. Yum!

Took some more random pictures at the Navy Memorial


We started our last day off eating breakfast at Eastern Market for the 2nd time. Not so busy and crowded, but just as good. Seriously, best pancakes I have ever ever had. We figured it must be the syrup. It formed a sugary crust on the top of the cakes...so good.

A nice guy was hitting on us, but offered to take our picture.

We decided to hit up the last few museums and buildings. We went to the Library of Congress, walked by the Supreme Court building, and the Capitol. It was so beautiful up there, I liked this picture of the fall leaves. We sat at Starbucks for a long time and went back to the hotel for an early night to pack everything up.

And this was our dinner. Last hurrah for the last night. No wonder I gained weight...Five Guys is amazing!!

2 comments:

kelly said...

I love that you have favorites from the American Revolution. :)

Allison said...

Kelly, everyone should have a favorite Founding Father. Who's yours?? :)