Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Washington D.C. Day 5 (aka my favorite day)

Monday, Natalie and I took a day trip out to Mount Vernon, Virginia, to see George Washington's home. Wow, it was amazing!!! It was my favorite day, so thats why this post has the most pictures.


And what would it be without our start of the day pic?

The front of the mansion. I thought it would be much larger, at least from pictures I have seen. We couldn't take pictures inside for some reason.


Back porch view


Sister pic. Look at that view!! No wonder he wanted to step down from public life after the Revolutionary War and then after his presidency. Come on, who wouldn't want to wake up to that every morning??

The view is amazing...



After wards we ate at the Mt Vernon Inn Restaurant. It was so good!! The famous peanut squash soup was yummy. Good meal to end our day there. Although, our waitress probably thought we were crazy. Every time she came to our table we were laughing or doing something stupid. But...such is our life.


Metro pic. It took 30 minutes from city center to our stop, so we listened to music to pass the time. People on the Metro are so serious, not friendly. Well I should say people in DC are not friendly. Rarely someone will smile/talk/acknowledge you. Not a very nice city when it comes to the people. Except the last day we met two nice people who helped us find places we were looking for on our map.

At the end of the day we went to our Starbucks and then on to the Mall. We walked to the Washington Monument and World War II memorial fountain. Nice, cold evening. Many pictures ensued, but these are just a few of my favorite.





The flags around the Washington Monument were pretty cool. I love our flag!

No comments: