Sunday, July 20, 2008

I saw The Dark Knight this past weekend. It was pretty good. It was very different from the first and I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would. I know if I see it a 2nd time, I will enjoy it more. The Joker was pretty creepy and weird, lots of explosions and vacant clown masks. The movie less focused on Batman, more on the Joker. Though, Heath Ledger does a great job being evil and schizo. I think I was used to the Joker from the 1950's show, so that was a little more disturbing than I thought it would be. At one point in the movie, Batman is stitching up his own wound on his arm. Everyone in the theater shrieked more at that then the merciless killing sprees by the Joker. Thanks, Nat, for that observation.

I can't believe its another work week. Its all going so fast! I've been working for a month now. I have had my own patients over the past week, but on Friday had my very own patient and did everything!! Even the great big IV, I put in myself and even got complimented by the patient! I enjoy genuinely nice individuals!! I think I will enjoy when I start going 4 days a week, instead of 5. But, I am getting to know more of my coworkers, which is nice. They are all pretty helpful and don't mind questions/teaching. Now if I could only feel not stupid half of the time...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree your assessment of The Dark Knight. It was definitely the Joker's show and boy was he creepy. It did ask some interesting questions about what a hero really is. But I liked the first one better, too.
it was fun to bump into you yesterday!

Natalie said...

You're very welcome for that observation.
Blahhh I don't want to do anything this week. I wish I could just veg out and watch fun, happy movies that don't creep me out. I told Hannah not to see the movie at all. When I told her about it she decided she wouldn't like it anyway.

kelly said...

ah, the stupid feeling. I understand that one. Don't worry: a few months into your job and that feeling will disappear.