Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not for the squeamish

For weeks now my roommates and I have been terrorized by a corn snake outside of our door. I have found him on the side of the house by the doorbell, he has several times been between the glass door and the front door, beside our pillar, or right in the bushes.

Today the neighborhood is one snake less! I came home from work and opened the front door. When I did my roommate, Kristi, from the opposite closed door told me to close the door because the snake was in the door. I looked down and saw him there, but his head was perfectly wedged between the door and the frame, he couldn't move. I debated about opening it further or closing it, but I had him. Kristi pushed me to the edge and I opened it further for a few minutes. 2 neighborhood boys stopped by to see what was going on, and the tried to pull him out but were freaked when he would move. So, I grabbed an X-acto knife (how do you spell that?) and needle nose pliers. I won't tell you what I was going to do, but I grabbed him with the pliers and he is no more.

We are moving tomorrow, so last rush of fun before we part ways!

These pictures are not for the squeamish:

I am victorious!

I might be laughing, I probably am screaming

It makes for a lovely snake skin necklace

This picture is priceless

We are going to put it on a stake in our front yard to warn the neighborhood snakes the same will happen to them if they come near.

4 comments:

Megan said...

You're my hero! The only good snake is a dead snake!

Sarah said...

What is the deal with snakes? There was one in my parent's sunroom a couple weeks ago! Rob Bailey tried to just rescue it and get it back outside (always the pacifist), but it started coiling and hissing so he had to kill it. Kudos to you for entering he war on creepy reptiles! I second Megan's assessment that the only good snake is a dead one.

Natalie said...

I can't believe you killed the snake! He was harmless! Oh well. I suppose that makes you brave and true.
And I saw the tale-end of a Harry Potter preview yesterday.......... YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's how I felt when I saw it. :) Good bye.

Oh and what the heck is up with all these married people. haha

kelly said...

Allison!! You had no choice...he was all up in your business. There are good snakes, but not when they move too close to home. Cute scrubs, BTW.