Friday, January 23, 2009

SEMI-DEBT FREE!!

I have just sent off my last debt check to one of my school loans!!!  I am so excited to knock it out!  Hooray!!!  I am so glad to have that one finished and only have 2 more to go.  This morning I sat down to hash out my budget for this current paycheck and realized I had the money to stretch and make the last payment.  I feel like celebrating!!!

I have also started saving for a car.  Most of my money had gone towards paying off this loan, and now I'm going to put a little freeze on the loans and put some chunk change towards a car.  The plan is to buy a car that will last me for a couple of years.  I'm not really looking for a new car, which I think is a total waste of money.  I'm not looking to get another loan, which is a total waste of money.  I'd like to pay cash, which I have found is the best way to pay for things.  Novel idea, maybe if Americans would catch on to this idea we would not be in the situation we are in today.  I really thought that it was ok to have debt because everyone had debt.  I now see its CRAZY to owe people money!  During school I really was at a point I could not afford to pay my own way and I'm thankful for the loans and thankful for the help from my family and friends.  I only hope to be in a position in the future to be generous to others in return for the generosity shown me while in some financial difficulties.

I am so thankful!  Praise God!!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Allison! That's so exciting, and good for you! Dave Ramsey would be so proud of you. And I'm totally up for celebrating!

Unknown said...

Yay yay yay! Congratulations!

kelly said...

woohoo!!
"debt reduction, cha-ching!!" -the johnsons

Sarah said...

Good job, friend! That's awesome.

Pamela said...

You are my inspiration :)