The River Run is this weekend, 9.3 miles. I have not run in about a week, so I think I'll run maybe once more this week, maybe twice. Really the day of the race is all about adrenaline for me. I do not try to get great times, I do not do drafting, sprints, any special training...I just run. I'm not a runner, I try to be, but I don't claim it. I think it is good, it gets me in shape and helps me lose weight, and helps me get defined legs. But, a little slack over the week has definately made it go the opposite direction.
I spent the weekend with my friend, Miranda, and it was so good!! It was so nice to get up when you wanted, no pressure to feel like you have to entertain the other person or act differently, go to the beach, talk and laugh. Good times. She is getting married in August, and I am so excited! I love seeing my friends fall in love and get good guys. It is so great!
Work is again crazy and busy. I hope this week slows down. Today was busy, but it wasn't crazy and I didn't leave crying like I did last week. I had a good talk with one of the nurses about where I will go from here, and she was so encouraging about what I was thinking of doing.
24 is on, I need to go!

1 comment:
Good luck at the River Run! It really stinks that we couldn't have coordinated our trips to Jax better. ;-)
It was fun to see your family over the weekend...
Soak up lots of beach-sun for me. I am missing it.
Post a Comment