Yesterday my neighbor backed into my car. Annoying.... After freaking out for the evening (which helped me on my run), he had called the police asking their opinion of the situation. I had parked in an awkward position to begin with, only because I was running in to change clothes and go right back out to the gym. And ends up, he is totally at fault for hitting me, even with my parking in the wrong place. Now I have a nice little dent behind my right rear wheel, and a nice crunched in back part of my trunk. My brake lights are amazingly spared. The bumper on his huge pick up truck is bent up a little bit. What do I do? I have my dad help me take care of it. I never have had to do this, as I have not been in any accidents, besides a minor rear end situation which left only me dented. It is another thing to deal with, hopefully I can get a rental that is included. I am glad that my neighbor is honest and seems to be trying to do the right thing. I know he is annoyed at the situation as well. And I have to see him every day now and wonder what he thinks. I am sure the neighbors are annoyed at the fact there are so many cars in our small area, I would be.
Instead of immediately asking for God's help in the situation, I panicked and became frustrated and mad and annoyed at the situation. I began to play the what if game....what if it really is my fault? And how much money am I going to shell out for this stupid accident?? I wanted to cry and be mad and not deal with the situation. I was stressed the entire night. Whenever a tough situation comes up, I do not want to deal with it, be it with feelings or action. I am tired of being responsible for bills, loan, rent, food, cars, phone, work. After an extremely tough and draining work week, this is just another reality of the curse that is ever present in our lives because of the fall. I hate sin.
Here is a passage that spoke to my heart this weekend:
"But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior'."
Isaiah 43:1-3a

5 comments:
Thanks for the verses. I just came from the crappiest day in clinical, where I felt completely incompetent and didn't get my paperwork nearly finished and had to hand it in incomplete, and all I care about is how stupid and incompetent I look in my teacher's eyes. Thanks for the reminder of who I belong to, because today I just feel like a piece of crap, and have taken a self-centered outlook on it.
ahh!! That is my FAVORITE passage of Scripture and I have heard it from about three different sources in the past week! Hope that everything works out with the car getting fix.
Glad you had a better day. I did, too. Started my "action plan" this AM and it went great!! Got up at 6 am! :)
Cold mornings with breakfast and coffee (I do like a little milk, though) are the best... I'm glad you got some rest after a crazy yesterday.
I'm sorry that happened to you, that sort of thing is frustrating. Thanks for the sweet note you left on my blog, I really appreciated it. Here is a link to a song that I've been listening to this week, it's been helping me focus on God when I start to drive myself crazy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX9-ruvMtrE&feature=related
Post a Comment