Friday, March 13, 2009

This week, a very sweet lady was so anxious about her surgery. I was glad to have the time to be with her and talk about what to expect in pre-op and post-op, and just to be there to calm her fears. She held my hand for awhile and gave me a hug when I left. This is why I like my job. Not the mean doctors, pushy OR staff, neurosurgeons who have a god complex. When you can have an impact on patients, whether it be physical or emotional, this is why I do what I do. And I forget about that too many times.

Tomorrow I will be doing this:


Then I will be doing this:


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing that story... so glad you got a chance to soak up what you love about your job. You have such a tender heart and I know there are so many patients lives that you touch, without even realizing it often times.

Good job on the River Run! I miss you...