Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today is really rainy, cloudy, and gloomy....

I am filled with a lot of sadness and pain.  A friend of mine, Ben McCollum passed away last night after a 21 year battle with Cystic Fibrosis.  I'm glad he doesn't have to endure hospitalizations and treatments, infections, sickness.  Ben was someone who really lived life!  He loved a lot and was loved a lot, he had a big heart and a funny sense of humor.  I was not close close with Ben, but enjoyed hanging out with him on different occasions and catching up when I hadn't seen him in awhile.  One thing I loved about Ben is he loved my little brother, and John really looked forward to seeing Ben every week when he went to our church.  They were buddies and I loved the way he interacted and loved on John.

There is a weird pull in my heart.  One towards happiness he is ok now, he is in heaven.  That is so mind blowing to me!!  Ben is hanging out with Jesus in heaven.  As I was reminded today, while he left earth with many things done, many things not done, it might be sad that his life was short and not lived long here on earth.  But, this earthly life is so short, and now Ben is living in a heavenly body that doesn't have sick lungs!  He can breathe again!!!  And all the things I see with sadness he didn't get to do....he is so much more complete and whole, not missing out on anything.  He is with Jesus, that is crazy!!

And I'm really sad too.  Such a guy with a magnetic personality.  You couldn't help but love Ben.  He'll be missed here a lot.  I love his family, and my heart is really heavy for them right now.  Please pray for them.

I'll see you soon, Ben!  I wish you could tell me what heaven is like, I'm sure it is awesome!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Feeling that weird pull in my heart, too. Thanks for sharing...

Rachel said...

man... yay for him but not the McCollums.