This weekend went by fast. Friday night I drove home and spent several hours with Sarah, crying, laughing, talking, just being. It was really good. I felt like a college kid, being the one who comes home last minute and hangs out with friends late into the night.
Yesterday we all said goodbye to our friend, Ben. The celebration of his life was amazing. I couldn't stop crying until the sermon at the end. I will not forget Ben and have taken a few things to heart after learning more of his short, full life. What an incredible young man!
Back here last night. Today has been a hard day of being sad. I came home from church just feeling sad and lonely. Not that my friends here do not care about me, but there is nothing like the comfort of home. And talking about Ben with people who did not know him is different than those who did.
I am so looking forward to this weekend! Home with family, good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i love you and am thankful you are here!!! :)
Don't think I could have made it through this weekend without you... love you and miss you already.
Post a Comment