Friday, September 18, 2009

Can you say, FREAKING OUT!?? I have so much to do over the next few weeks in preparation for ICU. I am doing homework again...feeling like I'm back in school. Reading, studying, doing online classwork. And stressing. Do I know enough? Am I smart enough? Will I remember enough from school to get me through training? I feel so inadequate. Nurses are a class of over achievers, well I would say 95% of the time. I am a semi over achiever, not on the extreme side. I freak out when I think of what other people have already finished and I am just starting. This is beginning to look and feel just like school.

I found out that I will not be able to get all of my vacation hours in that are required to take. I cannot take any vacation while in training, and the deadline to use them is in December. I am working on it, because I will lose the money. I thought I could have it all in the bag with 10 days off. I wish I had just taken 2 weeks off. I didn't take into account the fact I am getting paid 12 hours for an online class, plus 8 or more hours of pay for classes. I am working on getting days off here and there at work, possibly today. I am praying that I get off today. Quite a pickle I have put myself in. Part of me is wanting to just not get paid for classes, but I'd rather have a few extra days off of work instead. So, I have 4 weeks to take off 57 hours of work...that's 1 1/2 weeks, folks!!! I'm slated to work full time the next 3 weeks plus the extra. Pray that I can get off the time, or its wasted money I do not get. Just another stressor added to the fact of preparing to change jobs.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I think you will enjoy the ICU classes and orientation. It will be stressful, but you will learn so much, and I think you will remember more than you think. You are a smart cookie. We will be starting our new jobs around the same time, and can stress together. Mine definitely won't have the high level of stress yours does, but the newness of it is the same.

Li said...

Good luck with classes, the switch and working out your vacation time!

Allison said...

And I had to work today! Ah!

Sarah said...

AH. I hate when all the little things are so overwhelming. Love ya. Praying for you.
Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!