Sunday, September 20, 2009

This morning I went running early with my little sister before church. We are running, running, still running. At our halfway point, I saw this ambulance that had a huge American Flag on it. So, I looked at it thinking, "Cool, an ambulance with our flag on it." Next thing I know I'm falling and I can't stop myself. All I could think was, "Hold your face up, don't hit your chin!" (I'm a 2 time chin splitter) So, we had to run all the way back. It was funny, actually.

Now I have a big red scabby knee, scraped up other knee, and my stigmata looking scrapes on my hands. I have not fallen like that since I was a child, and it was the weirdest sensation. Falling, you can't stop, scraping up your knees. We were a family of knee scrapers. Just bringing it back around full circle.

Enjoying being at home with family. I don't mind being alone, but nice to hear the noise of family in the background. I have been home every weekend for the past 4, for one reason or another. I will be here again in 3 weeks for another trip! Then they will cease when I start classes!!

5 comments:

Li said...

Ouch! Not fun.

When do you officially switch at the hospital?

kelly said...

ooo, I havent fallen like that since I was a kid, either. If it makes you feel better, Owen bit it today, too: MAJOR bloody nose and lip. Poor, poor clumsy baby. Him, not you! :)

Fitz said...

poor thing, i am sorry i am not there to kiss your boo-boo's

Sarah said...

Oh, remember the days of rollerblading skinned knees? We were a daring brand of youngsters. I still have scars from those days. ;-) Hopefully no scars for you.

Natalie said...

Your knee disgusts me.