Monday, November 16, 2009

Another couponing excursion this evening. I saved $57.00 at Publix, spending only $31. Coupons and BOGOs! Good ones this week too. I stocked up on olive oil and nuts which will last me months and months!! Had a coupon for CVS, plus free $50 in gift cards for filling prescriptions. Stocked up on toothpaste, laundry detergent, and cereal, saving $35 and using my gift card. So, I spent no money there. I love coupons!! I have a whole shelf in my closet dedicated to my stock pile of coupon deals! I have hair dye, toothpaste, laundry detergent, medicine, shampoo, body wash, and toothbrushes for the next 6 months at least. Now, if I could start stockpiling my canned goods for that just in case.

Work is hard, CHALLENGING!! I leave every day feeling wiped out mentally, emotionally, physically. I feel inadequate most times, learning all the while. Friday was spent titrating drips every 5-10 minutes to get an adequate blood pressure, sedation, heart rate, and pain control. But, I was able to help with a new trach insertion and what my role would be. Thought for a moment there we were going to have to do CPR on the patient while riding in the elevator, then later on when the heart rate went from 50 to 180!! Wow, what a roller coaster day for this guy and me!!

The holiday season is fast approaching! Sadly I work Thanksgiving Day, so no parade or Thanksgiving feast with family. I will really miss that. Last year I was fortunate to get off work early and drive home in time for dinner. I also am working Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day. New Year's is not such a big bummer for me, but Christmas is. Christmas is a big family holiday for my family. A lot of people don't understand how working around Christmas is that bad for me, but I am missing out on A LOT of family festivities. Christmas lasts about 10 days for us and I will miss everything this year. It saddens me to see my grandparents age and not know when our last celebration as a family will be our last celebration. I really am blessed with an awesome family, and I will miss this year's celebration!



This week I purchased The Polar Express 3D. I thought that it would be pretty neat to try it out. It was a huge fail!!! I can't figure it out and it is a blurry version of the real movie. Fortunately I also got the regular movie with it, and it was on sale so I did not spend a lot of money on it. Should have done my research!! I still love it!

Lots of time off this week, not sure what to do. My parents are coming this Saturday to go to Disney, so I'm looking forward to that!! It has been a long time since I have had one on one with my parents.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Our schedules so do not coordinate over Christmas. Except Christmas day. That stinks. Oh well. We will manage to make it fun.

Sarah said...

You can come spend Christmas with my family again, if you want! No pressure, but we would LOVE to have you.

I am so impressed with your couponing. I am so not skilled at it.... been saving about $30 a month which has been great but nothing like your bargains. I swear I am becoming more and more scattered and disorganized these days. Isn't growing up supposed to make me on top of things??? Hah.

I miss you. We need to skype. Want to hear all about your new job!