Monday, November 9, 2009

I think I can do this. Yesterday went very well. It was a lot of work and I was pretty busy. I think I had maybe 30 minutes of downtime where I got to go and see a couple of procedures in different rooms. There are some pretty intense things that go on in ICU! I just need to keep my head above the water and be easy on myself in terms of getting used to the unit and the acuity of the patients. I think I will love working there. It may take me 3 months, 6 months, a year, or even 2, but I think I will love it. Another plus is the doctors do not seem to treat the nurses like junk as they did on my other floor. I have yet to meet all the docs tho.

I am off for the next 3 days! I love this schedule!! My goal for today is to get my room cleaned out and to go work out. The past month has been crazy schedule with class every day. I was too tired to go to the gym or try to do anything. Time to get back on the horse and back in the saddle!

Thanksgiving is in 3 weeks, can you believe it? Sadly, I am working on Thanksgiving so I will be enjoying my turkey in between patient care. I believe I have the next day off, so I hope to go home for some Black Friday bonding with the girls!!!

No comments: