Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today is the 18th (?) anniversary of when Sarah and I became best friends. We have been friends for 20 years, but we are uncertain the exact year we became best friends. So it could be 19, we just don't know. I think I have narrowed it down to 1993, but I am reviewing the evidence. I gave her a Little Mermaid valentine at an exchange we did at our homeschool group. We were buddies, but she was friends with me and my 2 sisters. I made a bold move and signed the valentine "your best friend, Allison". And so they say, the rest is history!

Sarah and I have had our ebbs and flows over the years, close at times, not as close other times. We played dress up, make believe, Barbies, ponies, Newsies, rollerblading, went to jr high and high school summer camps. I ended up following her to the same college for our last 2 years. I would say though the last year we have become much closer than we have ever been. Its been good to have a friend who knows your mess but still loves you for it. We have been able to be real with each other, which I love.

So, Happy Valentines Day Anniversary, Sarah! Like you said, so fun to have an anniversary friend date! :)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

We weren't even homeschooling until '92 so it couldn't have been '91. And I know our first year of homeschooling was when I had Sarah spend the night and you were at Sarah Ebersoles, and Dad told the story about feeling like an ape in the need of some scotch tape. Would you have been best friends then? Well, theres a little evidence to help you figure out the exact year. :)

Pamela said...

Cutest story I heard today :) Happy Valentine's Day! Love Your (other and more recent) Best Friend, Pamela

Allison said...

And Pamela, I know when we became BFF's...it all started with a trip down the Itch Me Touch Me. Oh good memories!

Natalie said...

Another Sarah memory you forgot to mention for the books:
Falling down during a pony wedding ceremony!! Hahaha!

Allison said...

True, I didn't put that up. Also the fact we played hours and hours with our American Girl Dolls. We loved those things!

kelly said...

love that you are reviewing the evidence :)

we love that sarah, too!!

Sarah said...

you are too kind, dear friend. What I wouldn't give to still have that little mermaid valentine!