Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Little Things

I just accomplished something for my day. I went out and bought a new headlight for my car and I changed it. Yes, its only a headlight to a car, and surprisingly, not difficult at all to put in.

Such a little, small, menial task. Yes

Its not the fact that I put the headlight in myself.

Its the fact I went out and did it.

3 weeks ago when it needed to be done I couldn't get myself out of bed, depressed and sad, not motivated to even go purchase a headlight for my car. I wouldn't get out of my bed at all except to go to work or see a friend, few and far between.

Its the little things, people, the little things. Thankful for the reminder.

And lets not remember that I drove around 3 weeks with one headlight...

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I've now been driving around for one week with one headlight and we have the same car. I never thought I could fix it myself, but perhaps this Africa bound girl needs to gain a little confidence. I might be calling you to have you coach me through the repair :)

kelly said...

a winky car for three weeks!!! yikes!

proud of you!

AND glad to see you tonight. thanks for watching my bo-bears.

Li said...

Yay! Good for you. :)

Also, can I say it's refreshing to hear about a woman taking care of her car. I get so sick of women who just say that it's a "man's job". My feeling is, if you're a car owner, you need to know your way around it. Good for you!