
I am pretty tired. I have been getting up every morning at 5 am, going to bed around 9:30-10. In the coming weeks, I will have to get up at 4, as my work day starts at 5:30, yet ends at 2:00.
This week has been orientation. I have gone to general hospital orientation, GN orientation, RN computer training. Next week I do surgical computer training, shadowing, and EKG's. Pretty soon after on the unit for awhile, I will be doing ACLS, which I'm stoked about!!! That's hardcore CPR and rescuscitation with drugs and defibrillation for people who don't know. Critical care was my favorite course in nursing school, and since then I have wanted to be a critical care nurse in the recovery room. Not only do I love the nurses who work in there (I did my practicum there), they like me, and they are planning on accepting me into their unit once I have experience under my belt and critical care training finished.
I also found out I'm not allowed to wear black anything to work. Guess what I bought last week?? Black scrub pants. Black equals death. I have death pants. Now I have to buy new ones. The plan was to utilize my 2 tops, and 2 pants over the next 3 weeks. I am forced to buy new ones this weekend.
I'm going to a wedding this weekend. It shall be a relaxing time away from work.
This week has been orientation. I have gone to general hospital orientation, GN orientation, RN computer training. Next week I do surgical computer training, shadowing, and EKG's. Pretty soon after on the unit for awhile, I will be doing ACLS, which I'm stoked about!!! That's hardcore CPR and rescuscitation with drugs and defibrillation for people who don't know. Critical care was my favorite course in nursing school, and since then I have wanted to be a critical care nurse in the recovery room. Not only do I love the nurses who work in there (I did my practicum there), they like me, and they are planning on accepting me into their unit once I have experience under my belt and critical care training finished.
I also found out I'm not allowed to wear black anything to work. Guess what I bought last week?? Black scrub pants. Black equals death. I have death pants. Now I have to buy new ones. The plan was to utilize my 2 tops, and 2 pants over the next 3 weeks. I am forced to buy new ones this weekend.
I'm going to a wedding this weekend. It shall be a relaxing time away from work.

1 comment:
Seriously? That's crazy! I would never think that, don't doctors wear black pants all the time? Oh well, now you can use them for pj's or something like that. Too bad cause black is slimming.
Post a Comment