NCLEX is beating me...I can't seem to study. I took a day off this past week and hung out with friends and family. I took a 150 practice test that took 3 hours and 15 minutes. Then I proceeded last night to use my roommates computer and took another test that stopped me at a question that requires me to type in the numbers. It wouldn't let me, and it frustrates me that I will have to go to school or the Kaplan center to utilize a computer. I hate this.
Not sure why I can't study or why I feel I can't study. In some ways more than others I feel beaten down by my own feelings of doubt about this exam and the knowledge that I have. I am more petrified at failing this exam than I am of actually doing it and rocking it the way I know I could. In the practice tests I take I have done the same the whole entire time, which is fine because at least its not worse. I want to do better, my best. I could get so many of the questions right if I would just stick with my first gut right answer, instead I choose the wrong one!
So, all in all, I'm struggling with doubts and the security in myself. I find great security in the fact that I know a lot and am successful in what I do academically. Its something I've always struggled with, because once its taken away, I feel as if I have no base. God has painfully revealed this to me the past 3 years. I looked to school, and look to nursing for happiness and contentment when I know God is the source of contentment. He shows me this all the time, but seeking Him is the hardest thing in the world. I can't do it without Him, so why do I try to do it on my own?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know the feeling (not being smart but the security thing) its a painfully good place to be and I am guessing like all smart people who worship academics you will probably do really well (which is part of the problem with idols... they are normally attainable. Just speaking to myself and if you fail I will still like you.
Thanks for sharing your heart... fears and all. I love you, friend.
Winter Semester as in January-April Semester. UM has four semesters a year: Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. Fall & Winter are pretty much regular times, but Spring is May-June and Summer is July-August. Apparently, this set-up isn't as common as I thought it was, so I've had to explain it a few times.
I'm sorry for your struggles, but at the same time I am glad because it shows we still care and/or know that something's missing. I think I understand where you're coming from and want you to know that I love you and miss you.
Also, it's quite all right that you didn't call. Yesterday was busy for me, so I might not've been able to answer any way.
Post a Comment