It seemed surreal leaving work today. Hugging all the nurses and saying goodbye. I will miss those girls. I have made friends with a few of them, which will continue after. I feel like I have been at that job forever, but I feel like I just started. And I did just start. My first nursing job. And it is done, in the bag. Now I'm going to be an ICU nurse. I was talking with my manager tonight and she was giving me ICU advise. She kept saying "When you're an ICU nurse..." Holy crap, I'm going to be an ICU nurse! It is setting in and freak out time is coming up. I had a panic attack yesterday. I'm sure there will be a lot of tears and stress induced ulcers. I wish I was smarter. I will be playing with so many machines, tubes, lines, drips, monitors, and ventilators. On top of that patho, drugs, patients, doctors, families. Wow, well, here I go.
Uh, think I found my Ob-gyn tonight. Before he operates on his patients, he sits and prays over them. Isn't that amazing? I was in the room and my mouth just dropped open. So cool. He prayed blessing over the surgery, for God to be there in the room. It was just cool. And it was so refreshing. So refreshing!! Especially when one is jaded. And I found a primary care doctor who does the same thing. She prays through each room for the patients coming through for the day. How awesome is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOVE the new background!!!!
Post a Comment