Friday, October 30, 2009

"And now just as you trusted Christ to save you, trust Him, too, for each day's problems; live in vital union with Him." Colossians 2:6

My mom sent me that verse after my car problems. Along with the reassurance that this was not a surprise to God. I always forget that. Not a surprise, and He has His hand in it. From having car problems, to friends who drive me to work, to my house, and let me spend the night. Awesome friends. Last night my friend drove me to a walk in clinic when I was feeling poorly, skipping her own Bible Study plans. And then waited with me for my medicine for 45 minutes. Awesome.

I have recently discovered Fernando Ortega's CD: The Shadow of Your Wings: Hymns and Sacred Songs. My friend actually sings on a few songs on the album. My favorite is All Flesh is Like The Grass (1 Peter 1:24-25). It really is a beautiful song and I listen to it every day. Youtube it.

All flesh is like the grass, the grass withers and fades away.
The glory of man like a flower that shrivels in the sun and falls.
But the word of the Lord endures forever.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Yay! Your car is fixed!
Love the blog background. Super cute