Friday, October 23, 2009

Here I am again. I am back in class this week for Critical Care Nurse Internship Program, or CCNIP. Why didn't I do this sooner? It is really good and getting me back into learning/thinking. I haven't used my brain in the past 6 months, getting stuck in a rut at work. That's when you know you need to move onto a different job. Thank goodness nurses can do that! I do complain and moan about being a nurse much of the time, but really, what else would I be doing? Could I see myself doing office work? Teaching? I thought about doing accounting or majoring in music at one time. I couldn't see myself doing that. Most of the time I wish I did not have to work, but it is good and it does give me something to do.

Bought a Macbook this week. I have taken the plunge. My only bone to pick is the incompatibility with some programs on a Mac vs. Windows. Really, I don't care either way which is better Mac or PC. I could care less. And the fact that my iPod was formatted originally on Windows means I have to reformat it on Mac and erase the contents of it back to factory settings. Lame, what is the point in that? Besides being able to use it. So, with computer work I am doing this week for class, I can't even do it on my computer because its incompatible. I have found that I can run Windows on my computer but I have to install about $200ish worth of software. Oh that I wish I had a bottomless pit of money.

So saddened this week to hear about a little girl from my hometown who was kidnapped and found murdered this week. What scares me more is that it happened a mile from my parents house. What is wrong with the world that people intentionally harm children....CHILDREN! What is wrong that people intentionally harm each other? I am not a proponent of crazy love and why can't we all just get along, but why can't we? Of course I know the answer. I can't even imagine what families all around the country/world go through in losing a child in such a manner. It would crush me.

Well, onto online learning. How I love computer work...

6 comments:

Natalie said...

The recent news of Somer is disturbing and horrible. I still can't believe it happened.
And I'm telling you, talk to Kristi! She can help you transfer the music to your computer!!! It worked for me and I didn't lose anything! Just talk to her. Itunes is retarded for making it so difficult. Apple is just full of it.
Make sure you take breaks from studying to enjoy fall!! Think about our great time last year carving pumpkins, and how awesome they turned out. Tables are turned, now you are the one who has to study. Muahahaha.... just kidding, I'm really not laughing at you. I can totally empathize! Not to mention I'm stressed out of my mind with work.
Ok, bye.

Natalie said...

PS- no offense to your new little Mac with my Apple comment. I'm sure it's an awesome computer! ;)

Sarah said...

I switched from PC to Mac and didn't have to do anything to my ipod even thought it was originally formatted to windows. It should fix itself. Apple is pretty smart.

Allison said...

Actually, Apple is pretty retarded because it will only let you take the songs you have gotten through iTunes. So, everything else...lost. Stupid.

Natalie said...

Really? You actually lost everything? I honestly think that if you had used that program it would have worked. Itunes was originally telling me that I couldn't get anything but what I bought on iTunes. I waited awhile before syncing anything to be sure I wouldn't lose all of it. You might have waited a little longer for Kristi to help.

Allison said...

Oh well, I lost it. Its not like its music I can't get from CD's that I have. Most of it I have a hard copy of.