I went home this weekend for a wedding. My older sister was in town, so all the family was together this weekend. It was good old fashioned Bear hang out time. We didn't do much in particular. My sister had her birthday in September, so I bought her Michael Buble's new CD and a Snuggie. I pulled the Snuggie out first as if that were her only gift, then gave her the CD. It was a hit, she wouldn't give up her Snuggie all weekend. I only got to wear it once. Who know a blanket with arms would be so popular!
I caught my very first bouquet at the wedding. After the garter toss, they had me come up to the dance floor. I thought, "Oh, they're going to take pictures of us together". No, the DJ then proceeded to tell the guy to put the garter on my leg, every inch is 5 years wedded bliss!! Well, I love the bride and groom, but no wedded bliss was going to happen for very long. I think it was more embarrassing being in the center of attention everyone watching, then the fact that a strange, yet very cute, young man was putting a garter on my leg. We were both good sports about it, but there was no way I was going to give a "show" or whatever people were yelling in the audience. Not my cup of coffee. My sisters have caught many a bouquet and so far, we are as single as ever. Here's for beginner's luck. I'm very optimistic about it, because look at what I had to go through for it!
I am now packing for a trip and figuring out what the weather will be like, how many jeans, shirts, sweatshirts, long shirts, ect, to take. I don't have a lot of cool weather clothes, but I think I can endure. I love cool weather and I'm looking forward to a break! We are camping tomorow and I hope that it is cool, low of 61. I think I can handle that for sleeping under the stars for a night. The weekend looks chilly, with 57 for high on Saturday!! Terrific!!! Then back to humidity central here and back to work.
By the way, like my background? My sister helped me and now I have better background then just messing with colors. And it goes with the season. I love Halloween, tho I never dress up for it. It is one of my favorites. It seems to be the beginning of my favorite time of year from Halloween to Christmas, best times happen then!! Or they seem like best times when I look back on them. I forget how they might be boring, or how much stock I put into them being great and then I'm let down.
I saved $40 in coupons and store savings today. I had a ton of coupons for Tylenol, Sudafed, mouthwash, Dove bodywash. Plus I bought some cereal that was BOGO because I had a coupon for buying 3 of them, so I bought 4 and got 2 free!! Up at the register they told me I could get a gallon of milk FREE with my cereal purchase, and I didn't even know it. So, along with that, a free gallon of milk thrown in. I love couponing, especially when I get great deals!! I need some couponing organization help, as they are scattered all over my floor. So, all in all, today I bought some needed items and only spent $35 on all of it. Now I don't have to buy shampoo, body wash, toothbrushes, mouthwash: those silly things that seem to all run out at the same time! I am good until at least after Christmas or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment