Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day! The day of love... Today I will be doing what I love: watching the Olympics and reading. I love it! So excited for the Olympics, I will be glued to the tv.
As a child I had an abnormal obsession with the Olympics, which still lives on today in my "grownup" self.

Today at church, I opened my Bible right up to the very exact passage of Scripture for the sermon. And I had no one around me to show it to, sad. It doesn't happen very much, people! One other time for me. I think I reached a new level of Christianity today.

In 2 weeks I will get to experience a whole new mode of nursing. I am going to be the "camp nurse" for a middle school midwinter retreat. Its only 2 days (whew), but it should be fun! I am praying for no more than splinters, bruises, scrapes, and a bloody nose or two. No broken fingers, concussions, ect. So please pray for that weekend as I will be the person to decide what to do in all those situations. Yikes! But it will be fun. This is the same midwinter my church used to go to, I believe. I never went as a child, but now am going as an adult and as the camp nurse. How funny. Its so much better going as staff to a camp, much more fun! You can do whatever you want, well almost anything.

2 comments:

kelly said...

camp nurse? you are such a grown-up!!!

Pamela said...

I totally share in your Olympic obsession. I don't miss a thing! And guess what? I went to the rec center to get a membership today so I could start swimming. And I ran too! See, this is what happens when the Olympics are on. Remember how dedicated we were to swimming after the 08 Olympics? We were practically Michael Phelps! I am determined to keep it up this time. I wish as a child I had had that Olympic motivation :)

I wish I had been there to see you open right to the passage. I would have been AMAZED! I'll be praying for you camp nurse! Sounds fun :)