Monday, December 28, 2009

Do you ever feel like you are constantly fighting the effects of the Fall? Or feeling them heavily in your life? Lately, the weight of sin and filth has come heavy on my heart, like a burden I carry around. A burden of loneliness, depression, filthy sin, and wandering. There are times when I think or feel I am "unaffected". Then some days I feel the weight so heavily as I do tonight, pressing down on me. It seems more than I can bear at times. And I question the reasoning behind it, and I question the goodness of my Savior.

And I am ashamed.

I am broken.

But I am not alone.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I totally know what you are talking about. Feeling that today. I am so selfish. There are so many hurting people. I ignore my blessings and choose to complain about what I consider my "hardships."
Every day we are in contact with people in a very vulnerable and painful place. Gosh, sometimes I don't think I can deal with it.