I have just finished my October budget for my Financial Peace University class at church.. Lets see how this ends up working out. I just really need to stick to my budget and not spend on impulse and learn to say: "NO!!!" If I stick strictly to this plan, I will be debt free (I currently have accrued $10,000 roughly in loans from the past 2 years) in January of 2010!!!! Here are some goals I have already met before I started my FPU journey:
1) Pay off credit card debt and NOT use it
2) Pay off my sister for her rent bailout a year ago
I have asked my parents to purchase the car I am currently driving. It is a very stylish 1994 Toyota Corolla! I love it, its reliable, it gets me around. I trust the owners, I trust my mechanic (Dad), and we have already been compatible for 4 years. Plus the insurance is a mere $100 a month, compared to a newer car insurance, plus crazy monthly payments!! So, I await the verdict. Even then, I will need to set up a payment plan with them, either add it to my debt, or wait to purchase when I'm debt free. I really am in their grace, and they charge no interest!
I get my first paycheck on Friday that I will dissect and use to begin this budget. I have been working the past week on it, but haven't started it fully, because it was mid paycheck. Now, I can decipher where the money will go from each paycheck...I am hating budgeting but loving it too!
Now if anyone has some cheap cheap (but healthy) grocery tips, I would love to hear! I would love to join the coupon/CVS club!! I just don't understand it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yay Allison!!! GO FPU! :)
Go to moneysavingmom.com and click the side link to her understanding the CVS system. Also, this link gives you the CVS deals each week for free or super-cheap stuff, and also links to free printable coupons when available to make things even cheaper! Talk to me about my system if you have questions.
PS: so excited about your great negotiating skills at the gym :)
Hi! One of Doug's hobbies is comparing the weekly grocery store ads to the coupons that come in the newspapers...then he waits for sales on things he has coupons for and stocks up. It's time consuming, but a few years ago (apparently), the store ended up owing him money when they were done ringing him up.
Good for you.
What is the gym-negotation story? Kudos for bargaining... I am SO bad at that.
And you can use competitor coupons (at least at Publix, but probably at other stores too). Some people literally wipe out 20-30 dollars of their bill with coupons. I am always amazed by it. Plus, if you by stuff that is on sale (that you actually need and use) you will add this to your savings.
Jacob
Starting a real IV scares the crap out of me. But I learned how to set the infusion pump, and that was pretty cool (but almost too easy).
You go chica! Miss you. And yeah, you enjoy that comfy bed while you can :)
Post a Comment