Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thank you, parents of my patient, for being in my face, telling me how to do my job, telling me what dr. order's to get, and where to put an IV. I understand you have a special kid, and you know her well, but please don't see me as in incompetent nurse when I know what I'm supposed to do to get her ready for surgery!!! After all, I went to school for 4 years for my bachelor's degree and license. You wouldn't think I would put my license at risk for you.

Yesterday was one of those days. I'm glad its over. It was crazy, it was horrible, it was so busy. To top it off, a trainwreck came through with pushy parents and an even pushier home nurse.

Today: nice and quiet. 40 cases, compared to our usual 70-90. I was able to spend time with patients, talk to them more, space out activities. Which was good on 4 hours of sleep! I'm young, I don't need too much sleep. I play catch up on the weekends and every afternoon after work!

3 comments:

kelly said...

thanks for watching Owen last night...esp. in light of your crazy day!

Sarah said...

sorry to interrupt your afternoon siesta today... it was good to talk, though. whew! what day of insanity. i'm glad you survived!

Li said...

Ugh. Sorry about your day. It sounds nasty. I don't think I would be able to handle that.

How are you doing?