I spent the weekend with my sister, Melissa. Friday night we enjoyed a glass of wine (a generous Bear serving), and 24. We slept in a little bit on Saturday and after enjoying coffee and breakfast, went to the Sullyard Farmer's Market. This Farmer's Market beat Winter Park's hands down. Everything was definately cheaper, and definately more selection of fruits and veggies. It was a nice and slow morning too. We bought so many fruits and veggies all for under $10!! She toured me around her favorite parts, including Busch Stadium. That afternoon we went on a long walk that took us to Forest Park and the zoo! What a nice cheap way to spend an afternoon. And we were joking about being so "green" after driving around all morning!! We ended the night with frozen custard and 4 episodes of 24. A perfect evening.
Sunday we went to church, then to lunch with cousins. Afterwards we went to the country, where we spent time with my other grandparents, aunts, uncles, and a few cousins. It was soooo nice just to sit around a table for 6 hours and talk!! No where else could I do it that long. I have several big story tellers in the family, which makes for an interesting night!
I'm back with my other grandparents now. Grandma made a nice dinner for me and Grandpa. Tomorrow I will go see my dear Aunt Georgia. I have not seen her yet, because she had a busy day on Friday, plus her daughter and grandchildren were in for the weekend. So, I did not want to overwhelm her too much. I miss old times when we would come and Aunt Georgia and Uncle Dick would come over for dinner the day after we arrived. Sadly, that will never happen again.
At the moment I'm sitting in my aunt's laboratory where she teaches chemistry. On a whim, I decided to come and see where she worked and see her lab setup. All these years she talked about work and labs, so I wanted to come see. My uncle is here also. We are her security personnel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day! I checked out the farmer's market here in Birmingham on Saturday, too. Look at us and our greenness. Hah.
I love hearing of you time with family, just soaking up stories and relishing the memories.
Hi! I miss you. Thanks for sharing your fun memories.
How are you doing? How's the job?
Post a Comment