Sunday, September 7, 2008

Last night we were met with the reality that we are young women in a crazy, sinful world. 3 days ago, I was running and followed a little bit by 2 creepers in a white truck. I didn't feel unsafe, I just felt a little unsettled. I ran home really fast and I was ok. I told my roommates so they would be on alert if we saw them again.

Last night, I was awakened by my roommate, Pamela. She had seen a white truck circling our cul de sac, after looking out it drove away really fast. She came to ask me about it, so I got up. I thought they were freaking out just a little bit, as it could be anyone. They called the non emergency number, and they sent a deputy out. We waited for about 10 minutes before a loud bang on the door freaked us out. We called 911, updated our story, and the deputy was there within a minute.

The deputy drove around and hung out in the cul de sac for a few minutes. 2 of my roommates talked with him for a few minutes. Then we called one of our guy friends in the neighborhood to spend the night, so we would feel safer. We walked around the house with our bats and golf clubs, seeing that everything was ok. We stayed up until about 2:30am, and we slept in Pammy's big room. I slept with a golf club in my bed. I think I will do that tonight as well.

It was just a reminder of my own insecurity, my own infallibility. I was so scared last night, it was hard to remember that God is big and God is good. I hate the fact that I am scared and feel helpless when these things happen. I also will be looking into buying a gun this week. I have wanted one for a long time, and this pretty much seals the deal!!

We are safe, praise God. He is good, He is big, He is bigger than the evil in this world!!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Ok so this is my second time trying to post this....
That is soooo scary Allison!!! I'm so glad you girls are ok! I get so complacent sometimes and forget there are creepers out there because I feel "secure." Be REALLY careful the next few days. Don't go running. Next time just use your illegal ninja moves from the government. But seriously. Be careful.

kelly said...

AHHHH!! Sooo scary!!!! Thanking God you are all fine! I say get a gun, and learn to use it. Glad your eyes were on the lookout while running. You need to be running with mace in your hand, too. Mamma Kelly will now be quiet... :)

Li said...

I am so glad you're okay! There are really quite a few creeps out there and we never really think about it.

Li said...

Thank you for the comment. And yes, it's good to know that even though we're playing phone tag most of the time, we've still got each other!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you all are safe. Thats so creepy. Glad you called the police. Hopefully they will leave you all alone since you had the police involved. So the men banged on your door???? Thats even scarier! You should get a gun, and some pepper spray...and don't run outside!!!

Sarah said...

That is so scary. Get a dog... I hear they're more of a deterent than an alarm system. I love you and miss you and am thanking God that you all are okay.