
Here at my grandparents, I have a daily reminder that things are different and will never be the same. I have watched my grandparents age, but more significantly over the past few years. I remember taking long walks, going on field trips and picnics, riding ferries to pick up peaches and apples when I was a little girl. My grandparents would visit us twice a year, now they come only for graduations every few years. Its hard for me to watch my grandfather teeter around and try to remember how it used to be. My grandma seems to be the same, but she has changed. As much as I have wanted to be older and get to the next thing, I would love to rewind back to simpler times when people I love weren't hurting so much and change was not as signficant as it is now. Or stop time now and gather the people I love together and freeze the moment to last a little while longer.

3 comments:
It is a harsh reminder definitely. I like to think things are still the same when I'm not there. But I suppose that just as our grandparents have watched and experienced changes throughout their lives then so will we.
Nice picture, by the way. One of my favs, and taken by one excellent photographer (can you guess?).
Have a good flight home today!
Allison, what a sweet, sweet thing to read! An amazing way to honor your grandparents.
Kelly
Thanks for the kind comment.
Post a Comment