Hello, all.
This morning at church there was a group of people who came up and showed a sign of things they had been captive to/imprisoned by before finding freedom in Christ. It was so amazing!! Just to see what people struggled with. I look at them and think, not that person!! It made me think of my own struggles. My fear of what others think of me and how that paralyzes me in more ways than I could even count, the need for affirmation from those surrounding me so I know what they think, being single (as much as I say this may not bother me, or it shouldn't bother me!), accepting myself and my insecurities, new occupation, handling finances, my future... The list is endless.
On the other hand, the freedom there for me in Christ. The problem of letting those things go, I want to hold to them so tightly because it is what I know, it is what I identify with. What is freedom in Christ? What would God ask of me to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We did "Cardboard Testimonies" in chapel last week and then I saw some more on youtube (the link is on my facebook). It is SO powerful!
We did "Cardboard Testimonies" in chapel last week and then I saw some more on youtube (the link is on my facebook). It is SO powerful!
Thanks for this post. So good to be reminded that God's faithfulness is not some ethereal idea - it is real and He is changing lives now, here in 2008. Though I agree it is always harder to see what this looks like in our own lives as we wrestle with the endless list... right there with you, friend.
Oh, picture time on Christmas Eve! What fun, Can't wait! Yes, we do go to the Christmas Eve service... And how do you know all about monkey bread? You know you are basically family when you know all our traditions. ;-)
Post a Comment