Work today: Excellent!! And not just excellent, but excellent as if I had drank Liquid Luck, or Felix Felicus. The morning started of C-R-A-Z-Y!! I thought I might have a stroke. After the first 3 hours, we calmed down and everything just went. I was finished with mostly everything by 5:00pm, just tying up loose ends for the last 2 hours, getting my thoughts together and what I needed to pass on in report. I placed a Dobhoff tube correctly (whoo hoo!!), assisted in a bedside percutaneous trach (woot!!) all on my own. It was great, I felt like I was understanding and knowing what was going on. It is good to know what is going on. Information is power. Especially in helping me understand the big picture of whats happening and what is the worst thing that could possibly happen to my patient today? Good questions to ask oneself!
Looking forward to a warm bed tonight. So enjoying going to sleep tonight. One more day tomorrow, then a day off, then Thursday. Then I have at least 2 days off! Not sure of schedule next week as I got an extra extension for my orientation this week. This should've been my first week on my own, but so thankful for another week!!

No comments:
Post a Comment