Sunday, January 31, 2010

I wish I could cut my own hair. Or, I wish someone who knew how to cut hair and would do it for free or really cheap. Been thinking of sporting a short 'do again. I wish my hair wasn't always so straight and blah. I wish I could do the short short pixie cut, but I'm afraid people will think I'm a lesbian. And I'm not.

In a few months I will be 25. 25!! Halfway to 50!!! I'm thinking it will be a quiet birthday this year.

I've read a few books in the past couple of weeks. One of them being "Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness" by Andrew Peterson. It was a good read, easy. Mix of Chronicles of Narnia meets a very tame Lord of the Rings. Andrew Peterson is a great singer/songwriter and now author. I loved the adventure and the fantasy aspect of it. I love fantasy.

The second book is "My Life in France" by Julia Child. It was a great memoir of her life in France and the beginning of her passion for cooking. I love that she got married when she was older and found her calling later in life. A very good read.

Watching 19 Kids and Counting special on tv. I love this show!! It makes me want to have my passel of kids. I have always wanted a bunch of kids, would love to have at least 6, but we'll see. Gotta get some other things situated first.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Allison!!! DO NOT cut your hair! First of all, I love your hair, it is NOT blah. Secondly, I agree with the pixie cut connotation. Don't do it.

Pamela said...

I agree with Kelly about the hair. And I love 19 Kids and Counting TOO! The new baby is so tiny. Hope she will be ok.

Allison said...

So the Kate Gosselin backward mullet is a no go. Maaaannn