The weather is feeling sooo good, people!! I love this cold weather. Yesterday it sleeted and it was a nice change. Its cold, yes, but come on!! Its so much better than 90 with 100% humidity with sweat dripping down my face every time I walk outside! I am a little over the complainers. This morning my car door was partially frozen shut and I broke my car handle. Of course it was so unexpected that my car would do that. Toyotas are so well known for the quality of their door handles!!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I had my first patient die today. It was very sad. I cried with the family. We worked very hard on this patient, but there was nothing more we could do. I feel good saying that. I did everything I possibly could do with no regret. I feel good about my day today, even thought it was hard. It wasn't like the last time I got a very unstable patient and I freaked out. As conflicting as it may sound, it was a very good experience over all and I learned a lot from it. I learned a greater understanding of sepsis and its patho and the manifestations of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow...so cold your handle broke off?? i am SOOOOO glad we have heat!!!!
I continue to be proud of you, Allison, as you care for patients who need Jesus' healing. Love you, friend.
So glad you made it through. That sounded like a tough time. I would never be able to handle it and I'm glad there are people like you in the nursing profession.
Enjoy the cold. :)
Post a Comment